× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RX6700AX PS5 issues.

Tatsu91
Aspirant

RX6700AX PS5 issues.

I have the RX6700AX and i am having issues with the PS5 it can connect to the internet but it fails to connect to PSN and says Sign in failed. issues occurs no matter what band i use.

I have tried using all the normal DNS settings in the system. Tried turning MTU to 1400 

I have also Put port forward rules on  and made sure UPNP is on.

IPV6 is disabled.

Weird thing is if i connect a burner phone to the same wifi and share the wifi via hotspot it works just fine. 

the error i get is 

CE-109506-1

everything else can connect as well no issues. ISP said nothing is wrong on their side either.

Message 1 of 13
Tatsu91
Aspirant

As an Update it did connect to the netgear for 30-40 minutes then went back off and refuses to connect again.

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like something to contact Sony support about. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 3 of 13
Tatsu91
Aspirant

The Router has actually been power cycled 3 times one of those being a factory reset. Unfortunately it is just an ethernet in the wall with no actual modem. But i did reach out to the ISP and they did reset their end of things. 

i then did a full reset like that by shutting everything off  this morning after their end was reset which is what allowed to it to connect a few hours later for 30 minutes. Thing is the console does detect a connection if i am in youtube when i switch from the wifi shared hotspot to the router i can still play videos and it will load pages slowly. 

i can also download games with no issues.

Message 4 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like something to contact Sony support about.

Message 5 of 13
Tatsu91
Aspirant

Actually did that and they literally just had me do everything i have already done the only new thing they had me do was add the playstations ip to ip reservation and add that IP to the DMZ. which sadly did not do anything.

Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 7 of 13
Tatsu91
Aspirant

Its not actually a modem its an ethernet port built into the wall. Not sure if their is a way to identify what is being used in the wall.

Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

If you connect he console to the wall out let doe it work then? 

Message 9 of 13
Tatsu91
Aspirant

That i will not be able to test until later once my household is asleep as i dont want to interupt everyone. So i will do that later i did just test it via ethernet that is hooked to my desktop two rooms over by taking the console their and hooking it into my computer monitor and the same issue actually occurs.

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

May need your ISP to help out then. 
Good Luck.

Message 11 of 13
Tatsu91
Aspirant

So i was able to test it out hooked to the wall apparently it onyl works hooked to a router. As i also hooked it up to a desktop and it did not even get an internet connection. So neither seemed to work that way. I did factory Reset the router one more time and it worked for two hours then stopped.

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Happen to have a prior router or a 2nd router you can put online and see if the problem continues with a different router? 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7