Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR750 in AP Mode static IP (not recommended)

Rob1988
Aspirant

ORBI RBR750 in AP Mode static IP (not recommended)

I have Orbi in AP mode for wireless connection and after the last extended power outage I had to scan my network to locate the Orbi router because it had new IP. I thought I would just set a static IP to avoid this hassle but noticed that the "Enable fixed IP settings on this device" is marked as not recommended. Why would they not want you to set a static IP when in AP mode?

RBR750 with 2 RBS750 running firmware V7.2.6.31_5.0.24 

Image of setting below:

Router_staticIP.JPG

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe it maybe due to most users wanting to set up the system for AP mode in the most easiest way. And some users may not have the experiences to use the Static IP address method and fully understand about that. Ya, I've ask NG to have a better support article that reflects the use of this. I came up with my own document outlining the details of using Static IP configuration for AP mode, which I prefer using. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/Procedure-for-Factory-reset-of-RBS8...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe it maybe due to most users wanting to set up the system for AP mode in the most easiest way. And some users may not have the experiences to use the Static IP address method and fully understand about that. Ya, I've ask NG to have a better support article that reflects the use of this. I came up with my own document outlining the details of using Static IP configuration for AP mode, which I prefer using. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/Procedure-for-Factory-reset-of-RBS8...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7