× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ERR_SSL_KEY_USAGE_INCOMPATIBLE

Romans1136
Guide

ERR_SSL_KEY_USAGE_INCOMPATIBLE

Hello @ReneD 

Can you tell me if there is anything in the works to address this issues (Chrome Certificate, etc) for the ORBI RBR50 / RBS50 mesh system?

I am happy to run thru steps, but cannot find anything about any more recent firmware than what I am currently running, which is

Router Firmware Version
V2.7.5.4

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, There is no patch for any Orbi AC series systems.

It's recommended if your seeing this issue is to use a different browser. 

"If it is only about being able to enter the Orbi-menu of the Orbi-router, please use an alternative browser as a quick fix, for example: Firefox. Ignore the error message and to enter the Orbi menu/interface."

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12

All Replies
ReneD
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Romans1136,

We have a different department that handles the Orbi Home devices such as yours ORBI RBR50 / RBS50 mesh system. If these Orbi type is also affected on the certificate issue using Chrome and Edge, most likely there is a patch firmware that is available but we do not have a copy of it. I will transfer you to the correct department so they can provide or investigate the issue.

Have a lovely day,

Rene D 
Netgear Team

Message 2 of 12
Romans1136
Guide

Thank You @ReneD !

Message 3 of 12
gcbmendham
Aspirant

Hi, is there a similar patch for the RBK30 package (RBR40 + RBW30)  ?

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
brian1918
Aspirant

What would be the best way to be notified which Netgear release will have this issue fixed?  My hardware is RBR20/RBS20, with fw 2.7.4.24.  Thank you.  

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, There is no patch for any Orbi AC series systems.

It's recommended if your seeing this issue is to use a different browser. 

"If it is only about being able to enter the Orbi-menu of the Orbi-router, please use an alternative browser as a quick fix, for example: Firefox. Ignore the error message and to enter the Orbi menu/interface."

Message 6 of 12
Romans1136
Guide

I was afraid that would be the case, but was hoping for someone from Netgear to respond.  At any rate, I certainly hope that it continues to work with Firefox.  As of now, I have only been able to access using Firefox, and running IE mode in MS Edge.  Really sad to me that Netgear totally forgets about its 'residential' product lines and associated customers.

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I understand the frustrations, just know that router products of a life cycle and at some point, router mfrs stop developing and fixing things as they age. The Orbi AC series has had a good long run. It's up to router mfrs to support it and then they decide when it's time to not support it. This has been happening since the beginning. So use what you can that makes it work. I have NG RND4000 and MS EDGE doesn't work unless I use IE mode. Just how it goes. 

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Also something you can do for extended FW support outside of NG, head over to Voxel's site and check his FW out. I've used it before on the 50 series and it's pretty good. He might have solved it for the 50 series since he supports that model Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Voxels-FW-available-for-50-series-Orbi-only-available/m-p/1883...

@Romans1136 wrote:

I was afraid that would be the case, but was hoping for someone from Netgear to respond.  At any rate, I certainly hope that it continues to work with Firefox.  As of now, I have only been able to access using Firefox, and running IE mode in MS Edge.  Really sad to me that Netgear totally forgets about its 'residential' product lines and associated customers.

Message 9 of 12
Romans1136
Guide

Thanks - when I get a little time, I might do that.  Last time I messed with non-mfr firmware was with my Linksys WRT54GS.... 🙂

Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ha. That's an oldie. LOL. Thank god for 30-30-30 resets. 😉

Have fun. 

Message 11 of 12
ReneD
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @gcbmendham, @brian1918,

Both RBK30 and RBR20/RBS20 are being handled by a different department. I will transfer you so they can give you the best answer for your queries.

Have a lovely day,

Rene D 
Netgear Team

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7