Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Configure modem for 1000 Mbps speed(Xfinity)

muhvieira
Aspirant

Configure modem for 1000 Mbps speed(Xfinity)

I’m having issues with my speed connection and Xfinity told me I need to configure my modem to be able use my 1000 Mbps speed. How do I do it? My modem model is a NETGEAR Nighthawk Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000-Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox for Plans Up to 800Mbps | AC1900 WiFi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

D3.0 wasn't supported for 1Gb on some iSPs. If you want 1Gb ISP speeds, you'll need a D3.1 supporting modem. 

Someting to contact about and check to see what is supported. NETGEAR CM series cable modems are mostly D3.1 supporting. Last C series gateway modem was the C7800 I believe. 

Message 2 of 6
muhvieira
Aspirant

Thank you so much for replying back to me, which speed would be the max that my modem would accept? 

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Message 1 in this conversation includes a quote "NETGEAR Nighthawk Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000-Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox for Plans Up to 800Mbps | AC1900 WiFi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0. "

The C7000 Product Data Sheet (https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/datasheet/en/C7000.pdf )

has this on page 1:

CrimpOn_0-1714340066115.png

Thus there appears to be an inconsistency between these two sources.  Perhaps this is because the cable companies offer 800 but do not offer 960?  Anyway, the answer is "a lot"

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What ever the next lower speed package the ISP supports for your model modem. Ask them about this. 

Good Luck.

@muhvieira wrote:

Thank you so much for replying back to me, which speed would be the max that my modem would accept? 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

The C7000v2 is only supported for up to 863mbps. 

https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.03.14%20Full%20Li...

Is it worth trying to get the extra 100mbps by upgrading your modem/router?
Thats up to you. 

If you did, I'd try for a device that supports their mid split speeds and get a router separate. More expensive but if you're going to pay for that extra 100mpbs, you m right as well pay for mid split to get the increased upload to.

Or you can keep using your device as you really won't see a performance difference from 863mbps to 963 mpbs 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7