× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR1000 not connecting to the Internet

Xavy
Follower

Nighthawk XR1000 not connecting to the Internet

So I'm trying to use this router that I have, I honestly didn't buy it I have no clue how it got there but before I go to buy another one I'm trying to get this XR1000 one to work. Me and my family have Frontier Fiber Internet, we don't have a modem just one of the boxes in the wall that I believe is called an ONT box. Before trying this XR1000 we have been using an eero 6 pro which worked just fine with the same cable. When trying to setup the XR1000, I just plugged the Ethernet cable that was originally plugged into the eero 6 pro and plugged it into the XR1000 and the Internet refuses to "connect" or turn on or whatever. The Internet led symbol does not even turn amber it just stays off so maybe I'm doing something wrong? First time using and trying a Nighthawk router so any help would be great thank you 🙂
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR1000 not connecting to the Internet

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the XR router?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk XR1000 not connecting to the Internet

Have you accessed the interface and completed the Setup Wizard? You will need to do this before you're able to get internet.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7