× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

M4300 - Firmware Issue

Keysmen79
Follower

M4300 - Firmware Issue

I was wondering if someone could help with this issue I'm having. I recently updated the firmware on our M4300-52G switches to 12.0.17.15 and managed to do this for the majority of our switches. However on a particular stack, the internet connection was lost in the process of the update and thereafter I couldn't access the device via Engage, or IP. When I access the lead unit via console, it simply replies as Unit 1. I aim to install the backup config so that I can re-enroll the device into our engage environment. I appreciate your thoughts, input, and time. 

Message 1 of 2
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: M4300 - Firmware Issue

Hi @Keysmen79 ,

Sorry about this issue, you always can email ProAVDesign@netgear.com for rapid answers and full service.

That being said, what you are describing seems like the Stack Management Unit (what we previously called the Stack Master) moved away from the switch you are connecting to (via the Console USB or OOB); it moved to the previous Backup Management Unit that now became the new Management Unit.

In a stack, you have three roles:

- The Management Unit, ensuring the management plane for the whole stack - its Console port and its OOB port work

- The Backup Management Unit (the switch that will take over the Management Role, in case the Management Unit above fails)

- The simple Stack Members.

Can you try to connect your USB console cable to the other switches? One of the them will be the Management Unit and will respond then.

When we configure a stack, it's important to configure all that, so that you have a redundant console connection (connecting both the Master and the Backup units for that very case when there was a failover).

I hope this will help, please also try to reach the IT GUI, for configuring the stack - and look at the members what happened - you can there trigger the failback to your desired lead unit.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR