Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Top NETGEAR FAQs - Support and End of Service

BretD
Admin

Top NETGEAR FAQs - Support and End of Service

We understand that a primary reason you might be visiting the NETGEAR Community is that you are looking for answers to your support questions for NETGEAR WiFi Routers, Firmware, and setup procedures for your NETGEAR Products. We are here to help and want to get you to an answer as quickly as possible!

We’ve dug into NETGEAR’s support knowledge base to find some of the most commonly asked questions and answers in regards to our products. For most of you, these links will get you the information you need to help solve your problem and get the most out of your NETGEAR product. And, if you didn't find what you’re looking for--or if you just want to chat about networking in general--please post a thread with your question or comments here in NETGEAR Community!

Top NETGEAR Support Articles:

1. How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? We highly recommend you use the NETGEAR Nighthawk or Orbi app to access and monitor your router. In addition you can login via a web interface.
  2. How do I find my device’s MAC address? A MAC address might be needed for various networking tasks. Unlike an IP address, a device MAC does not change.
  3. How do I set a static IP address in Windows? Some networking situations require you to have a static or unchanging IP address. Click the article to learn more.
  4. Finding your IP address without using the command prompt It is useful to know your IP address for many networking tasks. This article can help if you don't have access or experience with the Windows command prompt.
  5. How do I reconnect my NETGEAR WiFi range extender to my home network? WiFi Range extenders are the primary way to improve WiFi, especially if you're happy with your existing router, or use your ISP’s router/modem.
  6. Why is routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net not working? Sometimes you may have trouble accessing your router via routerlogin.com this will help troubleshoot those situations.
  7. What is the difference between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless frequencies? Quick answer is that 5ghz is faster, but might have less range and 2.4Ghz is a bit slower, but sometimes more reliable. Learn more and choose the right speed for your situation!
  8. How do I use access control to allow or block devices from accessing the Internet on my Nighthawk ro... Trying to boot your neighbor or improve bandwidth for your most important devices? Check out the article.
  9. How do I set up my NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender? WiFi Range Extenders have their own methods of setup vs. your home router. Get familiar with this support article.
  10. What do the LEDs on my Orbi router and satellite mean? What are those little lights on your router for? Look no further than this article!
  11. How do I update the firmware on my NETGEAR router with the Nighthawk app? Keeping NETGEAR Firmware up to date is important to ensure you have all the latest features and security updates. Lean more.

Do you have a favorite KB article to add to our list above? Let us know in the comments below.

Need more help? Visit the NETGEAR Support page and search for your model number, or details on your question.

Visit here to search the NETGEAR Community pages.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Top NETGEAR FAQs - Support and End of Service

Information about what NG products have reached End of Service life:

https://www.netgear.com/about/eos/

Which features on R series routers that are being discontinued or removed:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061057/Which-older-features-are-discontinued-for-my-NETGEAR-router

3rd Party FW Support after End of Life

Users if there units are still working and want to continue using them, could review the following 3rd Part FW sites for FW support on there supported models they support:

Any and all support help and information is handle by these sites and not by NG.

Otherwise, consider getting into a newer generation router. 

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Top NETGEAR FAQs - Support and End of Service

Information about what NG products have reached End of Service life:

https://www.netgear.com/about/eos/

Which features on R series routers that are being discontinued or removed:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061057/Which-older-features-are-discontinued-for-my-NETGEAR-router

3rd Party FW Support after End of Life

Users if there units are still working and want to continue using them, could review the following 3rd Part FW sites for FW support on there supported models they support:

Any and all support help and information is handle by these sites and not by NG.

Otherwise, consider getting into a newer generation router. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 20 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7