× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DumaOS on XR1000v2 Keeps Kicking Me Out?

DumaOS on XR1000v2 Keeps Kicking Me Out?

This is a multi-part question so bear with me while I explain this bizarre behavior, which isn't always the same exact bizarre behavior each time which makes it very difficult to figure out the cause....

In the week+ I have had the XR1000v2 a constantly re-occurring and VERY Annoying Problem that I keep having happen is that it will suddenly kick me out of the menu. First off, this is annoying enough because you can be in the middle of something and it will kick you out. I'd say it's like an inactivity timer, and yes it will do it if you leave the DumaOS sitting on the same page too long without touching anything, BUT it also will do it even when you ARE doing stuff. Like I can click PING AGAIN on the Ping Heatmap menu and it will start to reload ping numbers, then suddenly KICK and your logged out. And that is just one example to point out that you can have JUST BEEN doing something when it happens so it's not an inactivity timer, or if it is then it seems to be set to randomly use about TWO SECONDS as it's inactivity time-out setting. I get that if you leave it sitting a really long time it may log you out  ....though seriously rounds in some of these new games can last a whole hour now and you like to have it open the entire time your in the game so if it has an inactivity timer they need to increase it by a lot or let the user set it based on the games they are playing. But as I said, this one is happening even when I am clearly still actively using the menus.

Is there a way to fix the logging you out when your clearly still using the menus, change the time-out setting, etc. or is this a bug in it where it kicks you out so quick and so totally random with no pattern as to how often its happening?

OK, That was the First Question. The second question is a problem with what happens AFTER it logs you out...

So, as I said above you get kicked out of the menus back to a blank webpage screen in my browser (Firefox). where One of Two things will happen;

1. It goes to a blank webpage which on the address line shows something like "routerlogin.net/desktop/????" and the normal little pop-down thing comes up asking me to log back in which already has "admin" in the first field so all I have to do is hit enter on it and it puts in my PW automatically and it returns me to the DumaOS screen. No drama there, that's how it SHOULD always work....   Only it doesn't....

-OR-

2. About once in every 5 or 6 times it goes to a blank screen as above but this time no log in box pops up and the address line ALTERNATES between the usual  "routerlogin.net/desktop/???" and saying "routerlogin.net/ndindex.html" clicking back and fourth about every 1/2 second. You can't stop it and it wont pop up the log in screen and the only way to ever get back into the router is to close all open browser windows (even ones having nothing to do with the router) completely and reopen a totally new one and it MIGHT give you the log in prompt OR it might keep doing it in which case you have to try to log in by typing the routers IP address on my network (192.168.3.101) which MIGHT work and once it does and you have fully loaded DumaOS using that address you can then close that window and then go back to the other address which will usually then give you the log in prompt but not always.  OR when you type the routers address it may also do the same clicking back and fourth rapidly between the two above mentioned addresses. In which case the only option is to close every window and everything else on the computer, and restart the entire computer. At which time it USUALLY will work right but every now and then you have to try a second time.

Any clues at all on what's causing this one because it happens 2 or 3 times a day and sometimes takes as long as 15 wasted minutes (if you have to restart computer and everything) before you can get logged back in?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is loaded on the router? 

Does this happen with a different web browser, like MS Edge? 

Be sure your clearing out the web browser cache before entering the routers web page. 

This happen if you use the routers IP address in stead? 

I haven't seen issues like this on mine, however mine is a v1. I use MS Edge alwasy when I configure my XR1000. 

Message 2 of 6

I don't know since I don't use other browsers, I only have Firefox loaded.

Thought I had mentioned it but guess I forgot, it's the Newest firmware version 1.1.0.16_2.1.25

Yes, it also does the same thing if you log in with the routers IP address, just everything is reversed, you can then SOMETIMES use the routerlogin.net/ to log in and sometimes not. So it does not matter which way you log in, it can happen either way.

Are you asking if I have tried clearing out the web browser cache?  Yes, but I don't do it everytime.  Like restarting computer that usually will let me back in, but obvioulsy I should not have to go through all the trouble to clear my browser everytime I want to load this thing. Plus whenever I do that, it makes me have to close the "tutotial" things that then pop up again every time on every page in the DumaOS menus.

Oh, I have also tried whitelisting both the routers IP addtress and the routerlogin.net/  addresses in my browser but that didn't help change anything either. That was the first thing I tried when it happend the first night I had it.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's a difficult one because there are absolutely no settings for the timeout/login past changing the password. Are you trying to access via HTTPS or is the browser forcing HTTPS by any chance? You may have better luck forcing HTTP which is what should be used for best performance.
Message 4 of 6

You just said the same thing (https://)  twice but I assume you meant one of them to be http:// and mine just always says https:// but after reading your message I tried manually typing http:// and it instantly reverts to https://

How do I go about "forcing" http:// like you mentioned when it seems determined to switch to https://  ...?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry, yes that is what I meant. Your browser is forcing HTTPS then so you will need to disable that on your browser first - it's probably not an open option, a quick google should give you the details for your browser then try again
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7