× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX54 connected to phone with no internet but connects to laptop

BasicB1tch
Follower

RAX54 connected to phone with no internet but connects to laptop

I apologize in advance if this problem has been resolved or question asked. My experience in networking and the terminology is subpar. So maybe I don’t know how to verbalize my problem well enough to solve it.

HARDWARE

ISP:                     Spectrum, SC

Modem:           EN2251 Hitron Technologies, inc

DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA

Router:              RAX54 (AX5400) WiFi 6

AppVersion:     2.33.0.3504

Firmware:         v1.0.16.132

Phone:              Samsung S22+

One UI:             6.0

Android Version:          14

Cptr:                  Samsung Books 3 Ultra

PC:                     Home build

Asus TUF +WiFi motherboard

PROBLEM

As of a week ago, I’ve experienced a weird internet issue. My phone’s wifi will randomly change to “connection failed” then ”connected, no internet.” However, at the same time both PC’s are connected with internet. Today my alexa said it was connected during the same time as my phone(more so, asked her to do a task then she said no internet). During the problem I can still access the Nighthawk app on my phone. I also have internet access via ethernet ports on the back or the router.

I cant say if this is an isolated event to my phone because my wife usually isn’t here when it happens. And with school I need it fixed quick. I’ve done all the basic rain dance rituals. I have not called tech support because every time I do it wastes my time. I would also like to mention that in “Device Manager” on the app mine and my wifes phone shows up twice. I’ve deleted the one that had that option for my phone.

I’m not sure how my phone reconnects but it does and the alexa also. Any guidance would be appreciated. Even if that means replacement is inevitable(its only a year/ little over a year old).

TROUBLESHOOTING DONE

Restart the modem and router in correct order

Check all apps/ software/ firmware for updates

Forgetting the wifi then re-Adding it

Thank you
P.S. I’ve checked, my wife is not the problem. At least in this case.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7