× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60/MS60 Firmware

s88urd
Aspirant

MR60/MS60 Firmware

Hi, recently purchased this system and to be honest it has been a bit of a nightmare to get it setup to my liking. Weirdly I had to create a new netgear account and unregister from the original and register the device/s with my new account as every time I tried to look at devices on the app it tried to activate SPC but failed.

Anyway, not really the point of my post.....do you know if there are anymore planned firmware updates for this/these units at all? I can see the most recent one is over a year old now, so wasnt sure if this product is no longer being developed/worked on.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4

@s88urd wrote:

....do you know if there are anymore planned firmware updates for this/these units at all? I can see the most recent one is over a year old now, so wasnt sure if this product is no longer being developed/worked on.

Unless you are an insider with special privileges, no one knows what is in the works. Netgear doesn't talk about plans in advance. Most the people who hang out here are  fellow users with time on their hands.

With existing products, after an early bout of bug fixing, firmware updates are generally there to catch security issues. If nothing significant turns up, then there isn't much need for updates.

Apart from your set up problems, what issues do you have that  might warrant a firmware update? Maybe there are other ways around them.

Message 2 of 4
s88urd
Aspirant

Appreciate your reply, thankyou.

I had issues as I originally set up a guest network and had all my IOT devices connect to that. This then caused issues with an Alexa stereo pair (with subwoofer) so I disabled the guest network and used a customized 2.4GHZ one. Unfortunately I dont know what happened but after doing that most of my devices (IOT and 'normal') wouldnt connect. The only way around it was to reset to defaults and setup in this way from scratch (i.e. not enable the guest network)

This then lead to further issues with the app (understand its not the routers fault) as devices were being disaplyed on the webgui but not showing on the app unless I activated SPC (which always failed)

Ive managed to get it working (touchwood) by setting it up as intended the first time. I also had to de-register the products from my existing netgear account and create a new one to register them too (again not a firmware issue)

Message 3 of 4

Now that things are working, consider this:

How do I back up the router configuration settings on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

It could help you to recover if this happens again.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series