Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station VMB 4000 known outage

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cas42021
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you have this base station (VMB 4000) don't remove the device from your app, as there is a known issue that will not allow you to re-add it. Support is aware of it and said their Engineers are working on it, but couldn't give me a time frame. Based off that alone, I'm going to need to replace these camera's ASAP with another solution. I can't go days without home security cameras.

This base station came as a kit with 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, which are going EOL 1/1/25 - but the base station isn't going EOL. I just don't see them fixing this any time soon, forcing me into an upgrade or replacing the solution with another option.

The support case for anyone's reference is Arlo case #44038188

1000042812.jpg

1000042813.jpg

1000042814.jpg

1000042815.jpg

1000042816.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cas42021 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cas42021 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

cas42021
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS 

Thanks for the help, but the only 2 times I heard from support in the last 52hrs was to tell me they still don't have a resolution and will update me once they do. No details, no anything. I tried to escalate, ask to speak with someone, it's not possible. I was told a Manager would call me back. I provided my contact number and gave 24x7 availability. I'm still waiting by the phone. When pressed, I asked them of the other customers affected, what's the date of the first report? They told me April 15, 2024. That's 2.5 weeks ago, insane. Still no resolution.

Who thinks it's acceptable to go 2.5 weeks without home security cameras? Support is lacking to say the least. I hope they do the right thing here, eventually..

cas42021
Aspirant
Aspirant

It took 9 days but Arlo Support sent me a new VMB4500 Pro Base Station, and so far so good. Appreciate the help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cas42021 Thank you for the update, please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be here to help out. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation