Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live

Discussion stats
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

76 REPLIES 76
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been issues for a while now with the legacy cameras recording. I have no idea what causes this but I assume backend issues that we can't fix. About all you can try is to reboot your router and base in that order to see if that helps in any way. 

Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ended up “removing” the base station using the app and then reinstalling. Had to then reconnect all the cameras and set up modes again, but it’s working. 

davidllewellin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same issue yesterday - out of no where, no notifications or recordings but live still worked. I hadn't changed any settings and checked that push notifications were on, record was on, notifications was on etc. I guess I will have to try a full delete / replace of the base station / app and set up etc

nickschultz515
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 2 cameras when armed are not detecting motion thus not recording

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's been several reports of this happening. The quick solution is to remove the base and cameras from your account and add them back as if new, starting with the base.

PLovas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Three of my four pro two cameras are not detecting motion or recording. I have disconnected from base and reconnected multiple times the issue persist. Any recommendations? Is there a full reset I can do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the cameras and base from your account and start fresh, as if new. It may be that removing the base will be the fix.

haaaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since about noon today I haven’t had any motion detection events or recordings. The cameras can view live video and record manually, but won’t detect motion and aren’t recording CVR either.

Tried rebooting the entire system with no luck.

Anybody experiencing similar issues? Ideas for solutions that don’t include resetting and having to reapply all my routines and settings?

Wahoo12
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras are detecting motion, but are not recording. We have unplugged and we have removed batteries.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems to be a recent issue. The quickest way to solve this is to remove all devices and add them back as if new, starting with the base.

MattTrigg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem since 0345 yesterday morning.....no changes made so has to be Arlo problem 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which cameras? If they are some of the legacy one (Pro 2 or older) the fastest resolution is to remove all devices from your account and add them back as if new, starting with the base.

MattTrigg
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 3 cameras affected are Pro 4 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You responded to a post in the original Arlo wire free cameras - the Pro 4s are much different and require a subscription. Have you checked your subscription status? The trial sub may have expired so you'd need to buy an appropriate plan.

MattTrigg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah my apologies for replying in the wrong post...but yes the subscription is all good so no idea.   

Mark130
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo app won't stream my cameras on iPhone, or on the odd occasion that it does connect it streams for 10 seconds and then disconnects and goes back to saying that the cameras are offline. 

No problems with the app on Android and the cameras are streaming so they are powered, connected to the base station and online. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried on cellular and on WiFi and on 3 different iPhones. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mark130
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forgot to mention,

Called Support and they said they can see all the cameras and they are working fine but couldn't offer anything else. 

Certifizel
Aspirant
Aspirant

A couple days ago all 4 of my arlo pro 2 stopped giving motion detection alerts and stopped recording but when i press for live view that works

Dave2345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Did the 7 day free recording expire? Other posts said was staying until 2025.

Dave2345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I saw a different post that said to remove all devices from account and then add them back.

A pain but it just worked for me.

Tip: screen shot your settings if you set up an arming Schedule as you’ll have to set up again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHich subscription do you have?

lmgl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem randomly start yesterday. When I went into settings my cameras had switched from 'armed' to disarmed. Not a change I made. Changed it back to 'armed' and problem solved. You can find the setting under MODE.

MattTrigg
Aspirant
Aspirant

1000048141.jpg

 The 3 cameras in CVR plan suddenly stopped at 0345 2 days ago and haven't recorded anything on CVR since, when the system is armed they record normal video when somebody walks on to the drive but no CVR 

MattTrigg
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my cameras are enabled and working. Just no CVR on the 3 in the CVR plan