Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications and storage has stopped on my Pro 2 cameras. How do I get it back?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CG1039
Follower
Follower

I have had notifications and storage which suddenly changed on the 15th.  I have tried everything I can to get it back.  I don't qualify for personal customer service apparently.  When I go to the mode tab in my on-line account the only thing that shows is the hub.  My cameras are still there under devices and I can click on them and watch live, but the recordings aren't being made and there are no notifications.

I did push the factory reset at one point.  Do I need to delete and remove things?  How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Dangerc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also on the same predicament as you 

hope someone provides an answer that makes sense 

we all know cameras will function ventilation one day they die suddenly m the issue here is that they have to be access to see something but there is zero motion detection notification 

question is the base also obsolete ? Is the discount still available? 
and lastly 

why perfect good stuff is now obsolete and that is not disclosed when you buy them ?

this is not cheap stuff to buy and the assistance to bake a good decision is zero

shame

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Official support requires a subscription which these cameras don't require. You could purchase a single camera monthly subscription to be able to talk to support and then cancel it when satisfied.

In the Mode tab, it's correct that only the base station shows since it's possible that you could be using multiple bases. Clicking on the base then takes you to the various modes (Armed, Disarmed, Schedule) you can modify. The Armed mode is the only one that is automatically populated with a rule for each camera. This is not where to try to find cameras and settings.

To factory reset, you have to hold the button for at least 10 seconds until the base LEDs start flashing amber. This also requires that you remove all devices found in Settings, My Devices since you're effectively starting fresh, as if new. However, before doing this I'd suggest trying a few things such as unplugging the base, waiting several seconds and then plug it back in. It takes ~2 minutes for the base to reboot so wait until the LEDs on the base are stable. You should see 3 green LEDs  - if not, we need to know what you see. Reinserting the camera batteries will also reset the camera to a known state. Check the status of your system on the Devices tab in the app to verify all looks good - if anything is offline or has some sort of message tell us what you see.

Test each camera by walking in front of it to see if it records.

Does any of this help?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation