Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Syncing a new arlo pro 2 camera.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pattttto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone had the problem of not being able to sync a pro 2 camera after removing a pro camera from the base station. This is the second camera I bought and I can’t seem to get it to sync to the base station. Was thinking maybe resetting the base station. Would that work?
8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Pattttto

First make sure that you are bringing the camera within three feet of the base station before syncing. Secondly, do not push the sync button on the base for 2 seconds. Just press it briefly then release. The third green light on the base should be binking on and off green. These are the most common problems. You could try powering the base station off for 30 seconds, and you might need to move the base a little further away from the router.

If these things don't work let us know what the lights on the base station and camera are doing.

Brian

Pattttto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for replying.
So far I’ve;
1. Turned off the base for a minute and turned it back on ( power cycle) then tried to sync.
2. Removed the battery and swapped batteries from the other cameras that are working and tried to sync.
3. Removed the battery and plugged the camera into power and tried to sync.
4. Removed all working cameras from base and tried to sync new camera. The old ones sync but the new one doesn’t.
5. Tried to sync the camera 1 foot, 2 foot, 3 foot, 4 foot, 5 foot away from the base.... nothing.
6. Removed the Ethernet cable from the base to see if the camera will sync to the base. The other 2 do , but not the new one.
7. Had Netgear on the phone for 3 hours trouble shooting... nothing.
8. Called D-Link (modem) to ensure no network congestion issues.
9. Restarted modem
And this is all while only pressing the buttons for a short time, under 2 seconds and now a second.
I’m ready to return the stupid thing to the shop.
Any suggestions? Lol

brh
Master
Master

@Pattttto

You should not be having this much trouble syncing the camera. Definitely exchange it for a different one.

Brian

Pattttto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh and the lights.
When I press the sync button the base, it flashes green. I then press the sync button on the camera and it slowly flashes blue. After 2 mins or so, the blue light rapidly flashes Amber then turns off.
brh
Master
Master

@Pattttto

Defective camera

Brian

Pattttto
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the second one I’ve exchanged. Guess we get the broken cameras in Australia. Lol. I’m thinking a batch issue.
Pattttto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks anyway for your time.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've had this issue. The reason the camera couldn't sync was interference from my wifi router. I moved the base and it allowed the camera to sync. Others have done the same with success. Others have been directed by official support to restart their wifi router and that has fixed it, presumably by changing the channel the wifi runs on.

Give those a go before you head back to Harvey Norman or wherever you picked these cameras up from

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation