Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What is going on witjh my acct?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary
I set up my acct on mobile and desktop. When I log in to my acct via mobile and desktop it asks me to purchase a service contract. I thought I did that when I paid $100 when activating my system. Why am I being prompted to purchase/upgrade?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Finally got everything worked-out and going.

Thanks everyone for your input.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea. There's no charge requested or needed to set up you system. Are you using https://arlo.netgear.com when using the browser? 

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Re: What is going on witjh my acct? (NETGEAR Communities Subscription Update) - andersonjack07@gmail.com - Gmail

Thank you jguerdat for your response.
Right now, I don't know what came up. I scanned the QR code and used that to set-up the account with my mobile.
On my desktop, I think I used Arlo. At any rate, somewhere during the account set-up, I was prompted to by the $9.99 per day ($99.00 per year). I selected that and it was billed to my M/C as NETGEAR INC on Nov29.
I used the Quick Start Guide for everything.
Now, when I open my acct, what I get is shown in the attachment. Have no idea what it is all about.
On my mobile, I have an Arlo icon. When I touch it  what comes up next is videos from when I was sync'ing the cameras, and with Mode, Devices, and Library across the top. Touch mode and my address comes up.
Touch Library and it says no recordings. When I touch the three dots in the upper right Settings comes up. Under account is Subscription (Premier below that). When I touch Subscription the next window says
Premier - $99.00, 30-days of video memories, etc., up to 10 cameras, unlimited support, along with payment method and auto renew, annual.
I really don't know what is going on with this.
FYI. I tried to log-in to the Forums and everytime I enter my user ID and password, it says the info is incorrect. So, I have no clue what Arlo/Netgear has stored in their database for me.
I'm at the point now that when I finally position the cameras, I will just let everything alone and not mess with it.
Thanks for your interest.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's shown in your attachment is from https://my.netgear.com/mynetgear/portal/myProducts.aspx, not https://arlo.netgear.com. I assume the QR code you scanned is from the box? I've never done that so can't comment on the process it starts. WHen using a browser, be sure to use the second address (https://arlo.netgear.com). It appears that you signed up for the Premier subscription early on which is the $99/year.

So, it looks like you're using the wrong address when using a browser but the app appears to be working ok. What do you see on the Devices tab - all your cameras should show up as well as a siren button for the base? Have you gone through the process of claiming the base and syncing the cameras? If not, you need to do that first, using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base.  Then sync the cameras to the base.

If trying to log into the forums but being refused, how are you here? Did you create new credential just for this?

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks jguerdat for your follow-up.

I finally figured out what the problem is with signing-in to the Forums. A different p/w that what I used for my acct.

As for the browser address. All I know is I set the acct up using Arlo. Right now, it seems to be working on both my desktop and mobile.

Yes, I did sign up for the Premier subscription which is why I was wondering why I was prompted to do so when I used my mobile phone. Didn't see that prompt the last time I logged-in.

When my acct opens, yes I see all three devices and the alarm button. Right now, everything is off-line because we haven't decided the placement of the cameras. I sync'd them when setting it up at first and know that when we are ready for placment, I will have to re-sync them.

Right now, I will let this lay and if I have problems once we get cameras positioned I will be back here.

Thanks for you help. And, if I don't come back here, I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I will be overseas during that time. Leaving Dec 7 for Laos, returning Jan 11.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Finally got everything worked-out and going.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation