Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android 7 Nougat not compatible

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
For the two way audio the sound going to the camera breaks up and cuts out after part of the first word. Arlo support said it will be my phone thats the issue....it is but only due to it running android nougat.

Works on another android 4 kit kat phone and my laptop, just not on android 7 nougat

On looking at the app settings it stated the app is designed for a previous android version...

Can arlo confirm that they are going to update the app as android 8 is also out.

Ive had my phone for over a year and would have expected the app to be updated by now.
5 REPLIES 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable
P.s. it works when using earphones with microphone.

Can arlo shed any light on if this is a known issue and if a fix is being worked on?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

report it to Netgear Support and see if they know about it... if not, they can't fix it without knowing... a win-win for all

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Apprentice
Apprentice

A major Android OS and they are unaware, relying on users to report it? That implies incompetence and/or indifference.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I did contact netgear but they couldnt help me over chat. I suggested they could look into if the app needs updating for android 7 but they didnt suggest that they will look into the issue.

I gatheted from the conversation that they were implying I should use an older android os phone.

Can netgear respond with anything more positive regarding the above?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have 3 devices using Android 7.x - the app works perfectly on all. It would be painful but it may be that you need to factory reset the phone since it seems to be a local problem with your device.