Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Lens Deterioration Frosted Over

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gbatt418
Follower
Follower

I have seen some users have had issues with their Pro lens becoming compromised for no obvious reason. My camera is under an overhang not hit by much direct sun and no tree resin. It just seems like the plastic has distorted and frosted. Anyone have a successful remedy? I feel like it needs to be resurfaced. I dont know how to polish but Im willing to try. Would love to hear if anyone has had success with micro grit polishing. If I picked a used camera can I add it to my current system? I have the legacy system where I dont pay subscriptions.  Trying to keep things that way. Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
REGBROOK
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 3 of mine have deteriorated. It's like there is an etching on the lens. Would be great to be able to replace these

1000021730.jpg

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@REGBROOK please reach out to support for further assistance. Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.

@gbatt418  https://kb.arlo.com/1212134/How-to-reduce-condensation-on-the-Arlo-camera-lens

REGBROOK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks its not condensation it is like a delimitation of the lens it has a rough texture all 3 have done it

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.