Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo support is terrible

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brezia24
Initiate
Initiate

I have tried everything to get in touch with someone from Arlo. I have been using their products for years.  I recently bought new cameras and devices.  I was upgrading and recommending their services.  Now, my new cameras won't record. The service won't respond. And I have no support.  Arlo gave me a free trail and screwed up my entire account and now won't help me.  I am so fed up with Arlo, I am done.  They lost a customer and I am making it my mission to tell as many people as I can how bad their service is.  It is a waste of money and terrible service. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@brezia24 wrote:

Now, my new cameras won't record. 

All the currently sold cameras require a subscription to get cloud storage/recording.

Do you have a subscription?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Where did you purchase the new cameras as most come with a trial subscription. However, looking into the account I do not see an active subscription and that would be the reason you are not getting any recordings. 

brezia24
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased my cameras directly from the Arlo website.  I have had used Arlo for over five years.  I had the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and a base station.  I always received notifications and got video recordings that would save for 7 days.  Recently I purchased new Pro 4 cameras. My old cameras were worn and I wanted to upgrade.  So I did. I received the cameras, hooked them up, and had the trial membership.  Everything worked. The trial ended, and now nothing records.  My old cameras did.  My subscription didn't change, only the cameras.  And Arlo won't let you talk to them.  They just direct you nonsense articles that do not help.  My new Arlo cameras are useless.  I want nothing to do with a terrible company and will be telling everyone I know how bad your service is.  Arlo cameras and customer service is terrible and I recommend any and all security cameras over arlo. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The reason the cameras are no longer having the storage and recordings is due to the subscription trial running out. You will need to purchase a subscription to have those features. I left a link explaining the subscription plans. 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html