Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One week with Arlo Pro, battery won't last more than 48 hrs. No motion detection.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gamoneda03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought my sencond Arlo camera. I upgraded from the regular Arlo Wireless to Arlo Pro. I'm very dissapointed with the new camera. The battery won't last more than 48 hrs. and it doesn't detect motion at all. 

My wifi have all the bars with very good speed.

Arlo base it within about 5 feets distance. 

It worked only for about two days. 

I have to mention that my old arlo is working perfectly. 

I tried so many things and nothing works. The strange thing is that it worked for two days and stopped without me making any changes. 

HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gamoneda03
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

gamoneda03,

Consider removing the camera from Settings > My Devices and go through the sync process again. Do you still see the same behavior?

Another way to isolate the issue further is to move another Arlo Pro camera that is behaving normally to the same location as the problem camera. This will help identify if the location is causing an issue.

JamesC

Yes, I actually did all that and nothing worked. The only way to solve the problem was to return the camera to BestBuy and get a replacement. I only had it for two weeks.  The replacement work perfectly! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be various things including a bad battery or bad camera. Is the cmera in the exact same location?

gamoneda03
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I moved the camera to different locations already. All the locations are with a very close range to wifi. I might have to ask for a replacement. Is not just the battery dying so fast, but also it doesn't detect movement but it does detect audio. Very weird.

I'm so happy with my old Arlo wireless. No issues with that one at all. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gamoneda03,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode? How many detection events are you getting daily?

JamesC

gamoneda03
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

gamoneda03,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode? How many detection events are you getting daily?

JamesC

Hi James,

I'm using the default "Armed" mode. I'm getting like one or two audio detections per day because of the train passing by in the morning, but zero movement detection. I tried arming the camera and make a dance if front to short and far distance and still it doesn't detect anything. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gamoneda03,

Consider removing the camera from Settings > My Devices and go through the sync process again. Do you still see the same behavior?

Another way to isolate the issue further is to move another Arlo Pro camera that is behaving normally to the same location as the problem camera. This will help identify if the location is causing an issue.

JamesC

gamoneda03
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

gamoneda03,

JamesC

Yes, I actually did all that and nothing worked. The only way to solve the problem was to return the camera to BestBuy and get a replacement. I only had it for two weeks.  The replacement work perfectly!