Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station VMD 4000 Connection with updated app

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
salo_jess
Follower
Follower

Hi there, we have an Arlo Base Station VMD 4000 wiht two cameras that has worked fine for several years. I added two Arlo Essential 2K Outdoor Security cameras (2nd gen) to our system which required the mobile app to update. These camera connect to the app without using the base station and are working well. Now, I cannot connect my Base Station VMD 4000 to the app. When I try, I receive an error that it can't be discovered. I have tried with the app over wifi, ensuring that my wifi was 2.4 ghz. I have tried through a web browser with my computer connected to the same router with an etherlink cable. The base stations light are all green and I have completed the factory reset multiple times. Is there anything else I have try? From arlo's support, I thought I could connect both Essential 2K Outdoor cameras and the base station, but maybe that isn't possible?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@salo_jess wrote:

Hi there, we have an Arlo Base Station VMD 4000 wiht two cameras that has worked fine for several years. I added two Arlo Essential 2K Outdoor Security cameras (2nd gen) to our system which required the mobile app to update. These camera connect to the app without using the base station and are working well. Now, I cannot connect my Base Station VMD 4000 to the app.

Did you set up a new account for the Gen 2 cameras?

If not, did you remove the old cameras and base from the account before installing the Gen 2s?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation