Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I stop email notifications of camera detections?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
reed918
Tutor
Tutor

I do not have either email or push notifications on for the camera by my garage but I continue to get email notifications when there is detection.  All of my cameras are set up the same way and all of the sudden I started getting notifications for this particular camera.  Help!IMG_7147.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chex
Initiate
Initiate

Try changing the order of your devices. This fixed an unrelated issue I had with the camera selectio in mode.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try power cycling the base. Also, while you say all rules are set the same way, have you verified that this one hasn't changed for some unknown reason?
reed918
Tutor
Tutor
I did check the rules and it's the same. I will report back once I'm home and power cycle the base-never thought of that. Thanks
reed918
Tutor
Tutor
I did a power cycle last night and still getting notifications for that 1 specific camera 😡😡
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Something is goofy with the rule. Is this a custom mode? If so, delete the rule and recreate it. If that doesn't work, delete the mode and recreate it. If that doesn't work, or if it's the Armed mode, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it.

Just to be thorough, the mode isn't All Motion On, is it? If so, more steps are needed, starting with a system reset.
reed918
Tutor
Tutor
I removed the rule and added it back. I will see if that does anything and if not then I will delete the mode and recreate it.
reed918
Tutor
Tutor
Removing the rule didn't fix the issue. I deleted the mode and that did not fix the issue. It's so weird bcuz it's only one camera and it just recently started sending notifications to my email. That option is not checked.

I did also remove the camera and re added it..

All motion on is not selected.

Help - these notifications are crazy lol.
chex
Initiate
Initiate

Try changing the order of your devices. This fixed an unrelated issue I had with the camera selectio in mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the above doesn't help, it's time to drop back and punt.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Note your settings and mode/rules before doing so to help with the rebuild. Power cycle the base and open and close all battery doors, ensuring that the batteries are good. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Check for firmware updates (which may have been the problem in the first place). Set up your settings and create your custom modes again.  It's a PITA but should clear the problem.

reed918
Tutor
Tutor
I just changed the order of the cameras. I will wait a bit and see if that works.
reed918
Tutor
Tutor
Changing the order of cameras FIXED the issue.. wooowhoooo no more email notifications from this camera. Thanks so much for all the detailed responses to help me fix the issue.
reed918
Tutor
Tutor
Ugh!!! I just thought that fixed the issue. It did for a couple of days and then I got a notification again this morning 😡😡....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

reed918,

Consider a factory reset as suggested above by jguerdat. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC