Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording stops randomly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Doudog
Follower
Follower
Recording stops randomly even though the time is set to record one minute after motion is detected. This could be a good feature if it's applied correctly by stop recording video after motion is no longer detected but I have certain situations for example, where I see the FedEx truck pulling over, the driver walking towards my door and then the video stops before the package is put on my doorstep so I don't know how good my packages are handled.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all about position and sensitivity. What you're describing is the way it's supposed to work.  You can increase the time of recording (at the cost of battery life) or change position/increase sensitivity so that continuing motion will trigger the camera again.  It's a balancing act, especially if you use minimal cameras like I do.  More cameras would allow you to more optimally position them but at a cost.

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

I agree, it's most often a case of finding (as the baseball saying goes) "the sweet spot."  Then <CRACK> there's your frozen-rope line drive of a great video hit!