Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000, can not connect to internet, third light stays amber

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brinkleylyle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset, tried syncing, unplugged, but nothing is working.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Camera LED is solid amber, you need to claim the base. Check Settings, My Devices and remove all devices. Then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Verify that all firmware is up to date.

Brinkleylyle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted all items, then tried to add device and sync cameras, when I push the sync button it starts flashing green, but before the camera can sync it goes back to amber. It worked fine when I got it at Christmas, but every since I tried to sync the cameras to my husbands phone, it keeps telling me the base is off line, but it shows a strong signal under my internet page, am I able to get a new base,?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you claim the base first? That has to happen before attempting to sync the cameras.

Brinkleylyle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you mean, by naming the device, as of today , now only the first light comes on and it is amber, tried reboot, and reset, no other lights will come on.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means the base or power supply is bad. No green light for power means something is kaput. Open a case with support here for an RMA.

Brinkleylyle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I finally got my phone to connect by doing what you said, but now my husbands phone won’t connect , so I can load the cameras to his phone. I did the same and deleted everything, but says make sure connected and on same network. I have 3 green lights.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brinkleylyle,

It's not clear to me what you've done so far but it sounds like you were able to claim and set up the base station on your first device. To view with a second device, you can log in using the same user name and password, or create a new, shared account by utilizing the Grant Access feature. For more information granting access, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC