Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Worst customer service ever

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tonyjk
Initiate
Initiate

Stay well away from the con men, terrible customer service. No surprise that you are one of the lowest rated companies in the UK.

My complaint was with the terrible level of customer service available from Arlo. It is very clear why all the reviews for Arlo are so poor. None of my questions were answered and you had no information to pass on to me. When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told no one was available and when asked why this was , I was told you could not tell me this is terrible customer service as I’m sure you are already aware from your reviews. I will be sharing my views, to add to the long list of unhappy customers, which is a shame as the system itself is fine.

This is further exacerbated with the misleading advertising. I have always paid 4.50 a month for 3 cameras, this price was double to 10 ish pound and now you are telling me that I have a 50% discount which is 10.99, so assuming my maths is correct the cost is now 22 pound a month from 4.50.

This takes the cost of the system from 60 pounds a year to 264 pound. An absolutely ridiculous increase. It is wrong to mislead customers in to buying a system based on a yearly cost of 64 pounds only to hike the prices to 264 pounds a year.

I will be sharing my advice far and wide to anyone who will listen.

I would like to speak to a manager or anyone in this company who has the slightest clue what is going on and can answer any of my very basic questions as the staff to this point have quite frankly been useless. I will leave 14days for an appropriate response.

IMG_5550.png

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tonyjk 

Thank you for the feedback. I have escalated this to the appropriate team and someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

Tonyjk
Initiate
Initiate

and yet 10 days later and still I have not heard from you. The trend of ineptitude continues. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tonyjk Thank you for infomrning me. I am currently investigating this and I will report back ASAP. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tonyjk 

You should be contacted soon. Please let me know how the experience goes and I will be here if you have any further questions. 

SAL1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo system thinking I'd found the solution to protect my house in Mexico.

Found out after the purchase that the annual cloud based plan is not available here.

Told to buy a base station to be able to store videos which I did.

Problem is you cannot videos when traveling.

Because I cannot get a service plan Arlo won't talk to you.

This isn't product support!  I still brought over $900 in hardware and no one will talk to you.

No bueno.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SAL1 wrote:

Told to buy a base station to be able to store videos which I did.

Problem is you cannot videos when traveling.

Did you get a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000)?

Remote Direct Access to Local Storage requires either a home VPN or port forwarding.  Does your ISP allow those features? 

SAL1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have a VPN how do I know if I have port forwarding?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SAL1 wrote:

I don't have a VPN how do I know if I have port forwarding?

You'd

1. assign an IP address to the smarthub in your router
  2. enable port forwarding in the app
  3. forward the port shown in the app to the smarthub IP address in your router (forwarding both TCP and UDP)
  4. use https://canyouseeme.org/ in a PC browser to confirm that the port is actually open. 

If the 4th step gives you that confirmation, then you should be able to access the recordings remotely from the mobile app.