× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Guest WiFi Captive Portal unusable

TheNetWorks
Aspirant

Guest WiFi Captive Portal unusable

I have installed the WAX610 Access Point at a number of customer sites. For well over a year it has been a "Known Issue" that the captive portal fails to display a pop-up asking the user to acknowledge the terms. Yes there is an alleged work around for it. But I personally have seen this workaround take MINUTES on a very lightly loaded system. This is turning into a support nightmare for my business clients who MUST have captive portal enabled. Does anyone have an honest workaround which works immediately. The supposed workaround is lame. Can't this just be fixed.

I have personally tried this on the last 4 firmware releases with no improvement. This is frustrating as the customers "first impression" is a very bad one.

Message 1 of 3
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Guest WiFi Captive Portal unusable

Just want to be clear.  What is the model of the wireless client? Is it Android , iOS or Windows lap? Showing pop-up is a wireless client behaviour.

Message 2 of 3
TheNetWorks
Aspirant

Re: Guest WiFi Captive Portal unusable

Oops - should have said. This problem has occurred on a few Android devices that I know of:

Galaxy Note 10 - Running Android 12

Galaxy Tab A7 - Running Android 11

other devices as well. I'm not saying it "works on Windows" - just that it hasn't been tried.

Any insights appreciated!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements