× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: How to remove connected wireless user

Howkoss
Tutor

How to remove connected wireless user

How do I remove a wireless user from the access point? I am using 3 WAC505 AC's with the Netgear Insight portal.

Model: WAC505|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Howkoss
Tutor

Thank you. Thak worked.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

To my knowledge, there is no control for kicking Wireless Clients or adding Clients to a MAC filter from the Insight App or the Insight portal. This should be network-wide so include the GC switches for example, too.

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @Howkoss,

Welcome to the community!

We do have support for MAC ACL in Insight. You can apply it to either Allow certain MAC address and block all others, or vice versa Deny only certain MAC address and allow all others. Please find more information about the configuration steps in the Insight mobile app & Insight cloud portal - How do I set up a WiFi MAC access control list in Insight

Hope this helps

Regards

DavidGo

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

The usability for this is hmmmm far from user friendly. There should be a way to directly add a device to the denied MAC ACL from the connected clients list.
Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @schumaku,

It should be possible, when editing the MAC ACL settings, change the Policy to Deny > then click Add Devices in Denied Devices section. Next screen should show All clients currently connected to the network. Select the desired device and click Deny.

If this doesn't work for you let me know, i'll need to go test it again..... 

Thanks

DavidGo

Message 5 of 8
Howkoss
Tutor

Thank you. Thak worked.

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

David,
The most logical point to block a connected client would be from the Attached/Connected Device lists. Of course the hardway looping through the ACL (although a little bit a risky advice so change the default policy to denied) is workable.

Currently, the complete ACL control seems to cover the WAC only, why ever the similar functionality for wired devices isn't available yet, too.

Regards,
-Kurt
Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Kurt,

We have similar MAC ACL option to apply on a VLAN for wired clients, does this cover your query? > https://kb.netgear.com/000048441/How-do-I-set-up-MAC-authentication-on-an-existing-VLAN-in-Insight

Thanks

DavidGo

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements