× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX630E Firmware Update Failure

RainofTerra
Guide

WAX630E Firmware Update Failure

I purchased 3 WAX630E access points this week, connected all 3 via POE++, and added them to my insight account. All 3 come online and configure fine, but 2 out of the 3 units cannot download new firmware. I have tried:

1. Upgrading via the Insight App
  2. Upgrading via the update button in the AP web UI
  3. Upgrading via the Local update feature in the WebUI, using the latest firmware file on the site (which is lower than the firmware available via insight) - WAX630E_V10.2.0.17_firmware.tar
  4. Upgrading via the SFTP update feature connecting to an Ubuntu SFTP server on my local network

I have tried doing a factory reset via the button and via the restore defaults option in the web UI.

All 3 units came with V10.1.5.1.

Any suggestions for another workaround before I return these? I'd rather not go through the hassle if I don't have to.

Logs don't seem to have anything firmware related or any notable errors but I can upload them if needed.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
RainofTerra
Guide

Re: WAX630E Firmware Update Failure

Got it to work by deleting them from insight, resetting to factory default, upgrading firmware via web ui, then adding them back to Insight.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
RainofTerra
Guide

Got it to work by deleting them from insight, resetting to factory default, upgrading firmware via web ui, then adding them back to Insight.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working!

You might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation