× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WC7600 controller - Can't get syslog messages from access points

rhuntertec
Aspirant

WC7600 controller - Can't get syslog messages from access points

I'm running firmware 6.5.5.0 on my WC7600 wireless controller. Under Diagnostics > AP Consols Logs there is an option to send syslog mesages from the access points to a syslog server. I have enabled this with the correct IP address, port and MAC address of the syslog server on my network but I get no data coming out. My syslog server is working as it's receiving messages from other devices on the network. I have direct communication from the syslog server to the wireless controller and the access points. They are are on different subnets but the traffic is routed. I have tried every possible MAC address in the MAC address field and it sitll doesn't work. Has anyone successfully gotten syslog messages on their system?

Model: WC7600|ProSafe Wireless Controller
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@rhuntertec you need to configure L3 gateway MAC address. See the above screenshot.

Thanks,

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

No more controllers here - however a definition for a sysoog server including MAC address does read a little bit dodgy.
Message 2 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

syslog-controller.jpg

Message 3 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@rhuntertec you need to configure L3 gateway MAC address. See the above screenshot.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 4 of 5
rhuntertec
Aspirant

I was entering the wrong MAC address. I am now getting syslog messages. However, I am now faced with another problem that may be better suited for another thread but the data coming out of this is not what I'm trying to retrieve. I am trying to get data such as connected clients and which AP they are connected to. Would SNMP show this data? The reporting and data I can pull out of this controller is almost non-existant.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements