Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin login

Timilehin
Follower

Admin login

I have a night hawk wifi modem router C6230. I have been using it for 2 months now without paying mind to the admin functionalities. Now I'm tried to set up the admin system. I followed the steps the app gave and I put in the default password, but it keeps saying wrong password. I tried factory setting it and did everything right yet it won't still allow me to get in, I looked up solutions and followed the steps and landed on a router page, then it asks answers to security questions. It asks for the model the wifi name and my younger sister's name, I never set up these questions. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this

Thank you very much
Message 1 of 2

Re: Admin login

@Timilehin wrote:
I looked up solutions and followed the steps and landed on a router page, then it asks answers to security questions. It asks for the model the wifi name and my younger sister's name, I never set up these questions. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this

Welcome to password hell.

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

I followed the steps the app gave and I put in the default password, but it keeps saying wrong password.

If possible, ditch the app and used the tried and trust wired way onto the modem router and set it up in that way.

The app is a dumbed down thing and seems to have a different set of bugs every time Netgear updates it.

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Or dig up the manual and read what that suggests.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Set Up the Hardware
There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7