Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 Firewall/Port Blocking

bperkins
Follower

C7000v2 Firewall/Port Blocking

I am trying to get my email server connected to the internet. I have port 25 forwarded to the machine running the mail server. Things were working just fine with a static IP address and a Comcast modem. Had to get rid of the static IP and the Comcast Business modem. The WI-FI connectivity was garbage. I bought this C700v2 and I'm connected to the internet. I opened ports 25 (SMTP mail), port 53 (DNS), port 110 and port 3389 (RDP). Port 53 is opened and my DNS serves up names, 3389 is forwarded to a different machine and RDP works just fine. Port 25 is still blocked. I've checked the box "Disable IPV4 Firewall Protections", I don't see any other configuration screen for a firewall. I've disabled Port Scan and enabled "respond to ping on internet port". And yet port 25 is still blocked. Xfinity/Comcast insist they are not blocking it an it is the Netgear router. Can someone tell me how to enable port 25 or if Xfinity is the real issue?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000v2 Firewall/Port Blocking

All those ports are common used ports by applications. Would not be something that the C series gateway modem would be blocking shouldn't need any firewall or port forwarding configurations. 

I'd contact your ISP for help on port 25. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7