Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 Modem frequently disconnecting Archer C5400X router from internet

PattyCakeG32
Aspirant

CM1200 Modem frequently disconnecting Archer C5400X router from internet

CM1200 modem frequently disconnects from router. I can connect my computer to it though and still get connection. Router will say WAN connection error whenever it’s getting kicked off, at the same time, the modem LAN port 1 led with turn off. Not sure what’s wrong with it. No other devices are plugged into modem except router, and when the router gets disconnected, it will reconnect after about 10 seconds. I’ve power cycled both multiple times, factory reset both but the issue still persists.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1200 Modem frequently disconnecting Archer C5400X router from internet

Is LAG enabled on the CM modem? If it is, disable it. 

Connect a different wifi router to the CM modem to see if the problem follows. 

Message 2 of 4
PattyCakeG32
Aspirant

No it’s not, and I don’t have money for that. I saw a post today that sounds similar to mine and their WAN port on the router was fried. So I think that’s the case with mine, we have a few power outages due to thunder storms.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you conenct the router to WAN port #4 and power off the modem for 30 seconds then back on? Leaving nothing connected to Port #1 2 or 3.

Do you have the option of returning to the place of purchace? If so, return and get another one. If you don't need LAG, you can get a CM1000 or CM1100 modem. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7