Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 modem with Wan aggregation

jincuteguy
Follower

CM1200 modem with Wan aggregation

Hi guys, so recently I got two Internet connetions ( 2 ISPs).  One is Cox cable which is 900+Mbps Download and 30Mbps upload. The 2nd connection is my Tmobile Internet which does around 300Mbps Down and around 50Mbps up.

So my question is, if I get the Netgear CM1200 Modem, can I use the Wan aggregation feature to get two of my connections into 1 faster connection? so my 900Mbps + 300Mbps = 1200Mbps download, and 30Mbps + 50Mbps = 80Mbps upload?

Does Wan aggregation work for Upload speed as well? 

If this actually works I will buy the CM1200 modem.  Does anyone here actually have the CM1200 modem and actually doing Wan aggregations with multiple ISP connections? I looked on google and did not find much infos about Wan aggregations for the Netgear CM1200 modem.  Most i saw on youtube were ppl just doing Dual Wans, which in my understanding doesn't really give you a faster internet speed, it just gives you more bandwidth, but you are still limit to the highest speed of one of your ISP connection, in my case it would be my Cox ISP which is 900Mbps

Any help would be apprecated.

My current modem is Netgear CM2000 (which doesn't have Wan Aggregation)

My router is Asus AX11000 Router.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1200 modem with Wan aggregation

No. The CM1200 doesn't do wan side aggregation. 

None of netgears consumer products do dual ISP wan port aggregation/failover. 

You'd have to get into the business class side of it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7