Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM600 Packet Loss and Problem with power & SNR on downstream channels (Spectrum)

Velkobe
Initiate

CM600 Packet Loss and Problem with power & SNR on downstream channels (Spectrum)

Hi All,

For the last couple of months, I've had a recurring issue with my internet connection.  After working fine for a few hours or days, internet speed will slow to a crawl (supposed to be up to 200 Mbps and it's running at 1-10 Mbps) with signficant packet loss (20-40%).  I reboot my modem and this issue will go away for some period of time before returning.  I've talked with Spectrum tech support and had a tech comeout to check everything.  Obviously, Spectrum is blaming my hardware, and the tech showed me that he could get up to gigabit speed on the incoming cable line.

When I plug directly into my modem when this issue is occuring, it looks like the problem may be on the downstream channels.  Once the modem starts locking past channel 16, the packet loss starts.  I'm attaching a screenshots from modem webpage when this is occurring.  I'd hate to replace my modem and then find out that this issue is on Spectrum's end after all.  Is there anything else I should try before replacing the modem?  Thanks!

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM600 Packet Loss and Problem with power & SNR on downstream channels (Spectrum)

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Get another modem from places like newegg or amazon that have a refund policy and see if a different modem does the same thing. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Get another modem from places like newegg or amazon that have a refund policy and see if a different modem does the same thing. 

Message 2 of 4
Velkobe
Initiate

Yep, it was on ISP's end.  I had them send another tech out, and he found the problem within 20 or 30 minutes...bad amplifier affecting the entire street.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad they figured it out. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series