Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t connect to C6230

OJam
Aspirant

Can’t connect to C6230

Bought a C6230 wifi cable modem router but then it sat around for over half a year. Over a month ago I tried to set it up but had trouble connecting it—i think to the internet but don’t entirely remember (was using the app). I had to quit because I ran out of time—I spent at least and hour trying to get it to work but nothing. I do know I got far enough to change the name (SSID I think?) and password. So now I’m trying to set it up again but can’t connect through the app or manually using the router login website. My guess is it’s because I changed the name and password but I’m still trying to set up a “new” modem? But I don’t really know about this kind of stuff so that’s just a guess. I have checked the settings on my phone and they’re all what they’re supposed to be as far as I can tell.
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Can’t connect to C6230

Start back at basics with factory resetting it. 

that'll get everything back to default. 

then, you need to have your ISP provision it as its a cable modem/router. 

did you have them do that? 

Message 2 of 5
OJam
Aspirant

I had tried resetting it but did not get provision--that didn't even cross my mind but will do that now. Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@OJam wrote:

I had tried resetting it but did not get provision--that didn't even cross my mind but will do that now. Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
OJam
Aspirant

Not yet, but that’s on me, been super busy. I’ll update whenever I do get it working.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7