Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot get my modem/router to connect to the internet

SATNO1
Aspirant

Cannot get my modem/router to connect to the internet

I did a factory reset due to my inability to remember my password. When I tried to change the password, after filling out the necessary information, the “next” button would not respond. Now my modem/router can’t connect to the internet. I have tried netgear.com and netgear.net on my iPhone utilizing my cell data but nothing I have tried has worked. Any suggestions before I trash this one and buy another?
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot get my modem/router to connect to the internet

Sounds like the modem is in a bad state. If a reset doesn't get you to the initial setup wizard screen, something has gone bad. I recommend contacting NG support to see what you can do. You'll probably need to replace the modem for something else. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different browser, IE11, Firefox or Opera. 

Besure to clear ALL browser caches before entering the setup wizard. 

Do another reset and walk thru the setup wizard once more with a WIRED PC. 

Message 2 of 8
SATNO1
Aspirant

I tried Firefox browser. I cleared the browser history and cashe before attempting it. I did another factory reset and connected the router to my laptop via an Ethernet cable. When I launched Firefox it opened to a page with a row of letters in boxes. There was a statement at the top stating that I must login to the network before I could access the internet. There was a tab on the right of the page stating “open network login page”. I clicked on it but once again I got the page to reset my password and security questions. Once again I filled the information and once again the “next” button was inoperable. I am at a loss as to why I am not getting the actual login page, or the fact that the next button does not function when I try the reset of the password. I have been fooling with this thing since yesterday morning!
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to disconnect the coax cable from the modem. 

After the reset, the setup wizard should begin and not a log in page. 

Be sure your browser only has 1 tab open. 

"When I launched Firefox it opened to a page with a row of letters in boxes."

Can you screen capture this on the web page and attach it as a file to your next post? Select the Choose FIle box under the text editor box here in the forums. 

Review the user manual and QIG for help and information regarding the setup:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6300/C6300_UM_17Nov2015.pdf

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6300/C6300_QSG_EN.pdf

Message 4 of 8
SATNO1
Aspirant

No matter what I try, I do not get the setup wizard. Each and every time I get the change password page regardless of the browser. Also the “next” button is still not functioning. I have even tried contacting my ISP for help. They did a reboot on the router, but when I open up IE browser it opens up to the page for resetting my modem password. I am totally lost.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like the modem is in a bad state. If a reset doesn't get you to the initial setup wizard screen, something has gone bad. I recommend contacting NG support to see what you can do. You'll probably need to replace the modem for something else. 

Message 6 of 8
SATNO1
Aspirant

Any suggestions on a new Modem/router? I use it extensively for streaming so I need something fast.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would go with a modem and router separate from each other. 

NGs CM 1000 or 1100 would be a good start. 

Router, well, there are many. I have used many as well. Streaming, I haven't had any issues with NG Orbi systems thought are more spendy.

D-Links DIR-882 is solid as well. I just recommneded this to a friend of mine. He enjoys streaming on it. Got it used from Amazon. 

NGs R series routers would be good too. 

IF you want AX then NGs Orbi AX or RAX series products from NG would need review. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7