Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm500v no longer supported by Comcast/ xfinity.

vrpcworld
Follower

Cm500v no longer supported by Comcast/ xfinity.

Paying for 200 down, I’m only barely breaking 90. After reaching out to my provider Comcast through their app, I was informed that this device is no longer acceptable for my service even with latest firmware updated.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cm500v no longer supported by Comcast/ xfinity.

If it's not supported then you may need to get into something newer. 
Check to see if a CM1000 or CM1100 is supported. 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

I'd contact them again and not through chat. My neighbor has the cm500 (not v for voice) and a 200mb plan and its still working. 

It might be getting phased out for higher tier plans but if they're getting rid of it for the 200mbps plan, there's a lot more devices with the same modem specs that are going to be eliminated 

Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@vrpcworld wrote:
Paying for 200 down, I’m only barely breaking 90. After reaching out to my provider Comcast through their app, I was informed that this device is no longer acceptable for my service even with latest firmware updated.

Be extremely cautious with the wording in communications from Comcast.  They always have a secondary agenda, and that is to enhance Comcast’s revenue stream.

Your CM500 is a DOCSIS 3.0 compliant device.  Most ISP’s (including Comcast) have upgraded their systems to DOCSIS 3.1.  Part of that upgrade process is to phase out as many of the older DOCSIS 3.0 devices connected to their system as they can.

The new DOCSIS 3.1 specification requires backward compatibility with DOCSIS 3.0 hardware.

If you are not receiving the throughput rate you are paying for, Comcast has most likely over subscribed in your area.  Look carefully at your modem cable connections page as well as your event log.  Post copies of them here in pdf and we can see.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7