Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is there an ethernet modem/router with controllable wifi?

Arnoscopy
Follower

Is there an ethernet modem/router with controllable wifi?

I'm trying to find info on the C7000 or similar. Can the wifi be turned off while not in use? I rarely use its signal interferes with other electronics.  OR is there an ethernet modem/router without wifi, that i can connect a separate router to?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Yes, the wifi on the C7000 can be turned OFF while using it. 

@Arnoscopy wrote:

I'm trying to find info on the C7000 or similar. Can the wifi be turned off while not in use? I rarely use its signal interferes with other electronics.  OR is there an ethernet modem/router without wifi, that i can connect a separate router to?  Thanks!

There are several ways to turn off the wifi.

As I suggested, one is a physical switch.

michaelkenward_0-1690655114064.png

The others are in the manual.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

@Arnoscopy wrote:

I'm trying to find info on the C7000 or similar. Can the wifi be turned off while not in use?

Many Netgear router have a switch on the top that turns off the wifi.

Most also have controls in the browser graphical user interface (GUI) that can turn the wifi on and off to a schedule.

I rarely use its signal interferes with other electronics. 

That's a new one that rely, if ever, crops up here. I'd investigate other possibilities.

OR is there an ethernet modem/router without wifi, that i can connect a separate router to? 

There are plenty of modems out there that you can connect to the router of your choice. Look at Netgear's CM models.

That is the sort of system that many experienced users prefer. This gives them a much bigger choice of routers.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

@Arnoscopy wrote:

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Arnoscopy wrote:

I'm trying to find info on the C7000 or similar.  

Start here C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router for the complete downloads, Installation Guide, and the comprehensive complete User Manual

@Arnoscopy wrote:

Can the wifi be turned off while not in use? I rarely use its signal interferes with other electronics. 

WiFi can be disabled and enabled with a button click...

WiFi On-Off Button.PNG

Hope you are aware a cable modem is an RF device, creating RF noise on high bandwidth. There is even a transmitter in use for handing the uplink channels. Much more than a 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and even the 6 GHz Wi-Fi ever does. 

Message 4 of 5

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Arnoscopy wrote:

There are several ways to turn off the wifi.

As I suggested, one is a physical switch.

michaelkenward_0-1690655114064.png

The others are in the manual.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7