Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Modem Experiences Intermittent Disconnect

CLisowski
Follower

Modem Experiences Intermittent Disconnect

Modem experiences intermittent disconnect and entire house loses internet connection for a few minutes at a time. During this down time I am able to ping all devices inside the home network like my router at 192.168.1.1, but when I attempt to ping or log in to the Modem at 192.168.100.1 I get no response. When Internet connectivity is up again I can ping the modem at 192.168.100.1 with no issue.

Very disappointed in the customer support, as even though I still have hardware warranty on the modem, I was told there was nothing the phone represenative could do to help me unless I paid $50-$80 for extended phone support warranty. The tech support agent I talked to informed me he would email me information about resolving this issue, and then ended the call. I never recieved an email, and am incredibly unhappy with the situation.

The case number created during this call is: 40379572

Modem Logs and Cable information: 

Note: Connection is lost at each Critical Event.

Cable1.PNGCable2.PNGCable3.PNGCable4.PNGCable5.PNGCable6.PNG

Logs.PNG

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 2
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Modem Experiences Intermittent Disconnect

sorry to say, but you line/signal quality is very bad. 

So many uncorrectables. Ideally it should be 0 (or a very low number over long period of time). This high number numbers lot of packets are getting lost due to bad signal. 

Also, Upstream is so high that it will keep causing you issues.

You should immediately call your ISP to fix wiring issues. 

you are welcome to post to on https://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcast forums as well. they will give you similar response.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7