Tutor

New CM500 modem, Online Green Light will not come on at all

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Allen_Lee
Tutor

Re: New CM500 modem, Online Green Light will not come on at all

Turns out the cable had been disconnected inside of the junction box outside of my townhome.  All of the neighbors' cables were okay; mine was the only one that was messed up.  A technician from Xfinity diagnosed the problem.  I have no idea when or why or by who the cable was disconnected, but the technician pointed out that the cable junction box has no lock on it.  I am pondering how to remedy that vulnerability!  Anyway, I am now up and running.  Yippie!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@Allen_Lee wrote:

A couple of obvious questions.  Are you sure your have a signal at the coax cable connection?

Have you activated your modem with your ISP?

Message 2 of 5
Allen_Lee
Tutor

As far as I knew, the connection was good, but I am now guessing it is bad.  I am in a townhome community (rental property) and I do not know whose cable it really is.

Message 3 of 5
Kitsap
Master

@Allen_Lee wrote:

As far as I knew, the connection was good, but I am now guessing it is bad.  I am in a townhome community (rental property) and I do not know whose cable it really is.

Knowing whether or not the cable is hot and knowing who the service provider is are key questions.  There may be other cable outlets in the town-home you can test.  Your modem may not be supported by the service provider.  Also the cable/internet service may be provided as part of your rent payment with details available from the landlord.

Message 4 of 5
Allen_Lee
Tutor

Turns out the cable had been disconnected inside of the junction box outside of my townhome.  All of the neighbors' cables were okay; mine was the only one that was messed up.  A technician from Xfinity diagnosed the problem.  I have no idea when or why or by who the cable was disconnected, but the technician pointed out that the cable junction box has no lock on it.  I am pondering how to remedy that vulnerability!  Anyway, I am now up and running.  Yippie!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7