Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk C7000 WiFi router/modem won't connect to Spectrum... no signal detected.

scifi3dzoo
Tutor

Nighthawk C7000 WiFi router/modem won't connect to Spectrum... no signal detected.

Running fine on Xfinity.  Packed it up, moved, got Spectrum svc  and they said it won't connect.  They put their modem on it works.  WTH.  Only thing I can think of is something I have to setup in ADMI page for it.  I don't know.  I'm not a networking guru.  Normally you just plug it in and go.  But I don't trust these Spectrum people to know what they were doing.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk C7000 WiFi router/modem won't connect to Spectrum... no signal detected.

Nothing to modems. ALL FW is handled by ISPs thats given to them by NG. ISP test and ensure the FW works on there systems and doesn't break anything. 

If you have a friend, family member that you could take the modem to  and see if it works on there cable ISP service, see if the problem follows. If not, then you'll know. Again, if the modem worked with your prior ISP before moving and now it doesn't, I suspect something with the new ISP. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the modem while you have the ISP tech online. If it's supported on there system, and if it worked on the prior ISPs system, then the modem is good and it should work with Spectrum. 

Something to have your ISP review with you to see if there is any issues. 

Be sure ISP checks signal line quality and levels up to the modem.

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters inbetween the modem and ISP service box. 

Message 2 of 9
scifi3dzoo
Tutor

RESET did nothing.  I'm gonna just complain to BBB or something.  It's a 2 year old modem.  I know they don't want people using support on their dime to ask setup questions but I have a HW issue I think.  And I should be able to mail it in for repairs with all the trouble, and pay $50 or whatever it is just to get warranty/repair set up.  I'm done with Netgear after this.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

It's not a NG problem if the modem doesn't work or is not getting fully connected to the ISP. IF the ISP supports the modem, then it's up to the ISP to check and geting associated. If it worked with your prior ISP then the modem is probably good. Should blame NG for something they can't effect with ISPs. 

Message 4 of 9
scifi3dzoo
Tutor

It is supported. And I think every ISP supports that modem. We tried everything it's just not detecting a signal
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Kind of hard to imagine it working at a prior ISP service then not working at the next. Unless the unit was somehow damaged in your move from one location to the other. 

Message 6 of 9
scifi3dzoo
Tutor

I tried calling and it'the same story. Pay $90 for 6 months of support, or $100+ for a year to get help. If it's HW issue then we won't charge you, but we still can't fix it or replace it. If it's SW issue you owe as much as it costs to buy a new one. BUT in the meantime we're going to hold you hostage and not give any other support options b/c the guy said we can troubleshoot it and go thru a bunch of steps. Why HOLD this info hostage? I looked on their website already. Nothing but info about hitting Reset buttons, and checking your power. If you guys have ADVANCED steps you should share them. I built PC's for 30 years. I can fix it myself. People that can't can pay for extra service to be held by the hand.

Message 7 of 9
scifi3dzoo
Tutor

Proud owner of a $200 brick now.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Nothing to modems. ALL FW is handled by ISPs thats given to them by NG. ISP test and ensure the FW works on there systems and doesn't break anything. 

If you have a friend, family member that you could take the modem to  and see if it works on there cable ISP service, see if the problem follows. If not, then you'll know. Again, if the modem worked with your prior ISP before moving and now it doesn't, I suspect something with the new ISP. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7