Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7800 AC3200 router not working after ISP activation

bendingunit3000
Follower

Nighthawk C7800 AC3200 router not working after ISP activation

Hello,

Opened a new Netgear Nighthawk c7800 AC3200 modem/router this morning to set up internet in my next apartment. Before calling Comcast to activate the device, I powered it up and connected my laptop via ethernet to verify that the device worked. I was able to access the router login and changed the admin password but didn't do anything else at that time. The 2.4 and 5 Ghz LED's were lit up, as well as the ethernet LED corresponding to the port that my laptop was connected to. I also saw (via my phone) the available default wifi connections listed on the sticker on the unit. Though, they obviously did not have internet connection yet.

After my ISP activated the device, I could no longer connect to the router via ethernet cable or wirelessly. Typing 192.168.0.1 or routerlogin.net does not bring up the Genie control panel. It's like the router functionality has been turned off. None of the wifi or ethernet indicator LED's turn on anymore. Downstream, upstream, and internet LED's are on solid and the ISP says the modem has internet connection.

I have gone through Netgear phone tech support, but other than holding the reset button a few times, they declared my device as defective and told me to send it back.

GIven that the router seemed to be functioning before I spoke to my ISP and gave them the MAC address to activate the device, it seems fishy that it somehow bricked in the two hours I was on hold with the ISP.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk C7800 AC3200 router not working after ISP activation

When you reset, did you disconnect the coax cable? Then push and held reset for 7-15 seconds? 

Sometimes that helps. 

If it doesn't, they might indeed be right. When the ISP provisions it, it could have gotten corrupted. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7