Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Settings not persistent

wmc113
Follower

Wifi Settings not persistent

I've had this router for almost a year now. about a month ago the wireless settings reset to default. Now every couple of weeks the wireless settings are reverting back to default. I tried this time to backup the config after I set it up but when I restored the config file it didn't restore the wifi settings this is a CAX30 on firmware version 1.4.11.2 Any idea what could be behind the wireless settings being lost? all other settings remain unchanged.

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: Wifi Settings not persistent

@wmc113 wrote:

I've had this router for almost a year now. about a month ago the wireless settings reset to default. Now every couple of weeks the wireless settings are reverting back to default. I tried this time to backup the config after I set it up but when I restored the config file it didn't restore the wifi settings this is a CAX30 on firmware version 1.4.11.2 Any idea what could be behind the wireless settings being lost? all other settings remain unchanged.

I fully understand it is a royal PIA, but a modem firmware default reset with setup/configure from scratch is a good option.  Do not restore the configuration from a saved backup.  That can often import back the problem you are trying to resolve.  Make sure you are direct connected to the router with a computer and web browser via an Ethernet cable.

The other option is to re-flash the firmware using the manual method via a computer direct connected to the device via Ethernet cable.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7