Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xfinity message regarding CM2050V - bogus or real?

RDS1348
Follower

Xfinity message regarding CM2050V - bogus or real?

I received an "Xfinity Internet update" email from Comcast today with the subject line, "We've identified an issue with your Netgear internet modem".  The message begins with, "We've noticed intermittent connectivity issues with your internet service and have identified the cause to be a defect with your NETGEAR CM2050V internet modem. NETGEAR is working on a software update that should fix the problem. Because the update may not be available for several months, we have taken steps in the interim to stabilize your connection and provide you with the best possible experience."

I cannot find anything about this online and am wondering if this is a bogus message or a real issue. 

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Xfinity message regarding CM2050V - bogus or real?

@RDS1348 wrote:

I received an "Xfinity Internet update" email from Comcast today with the subject line, "We've identified an issue with your Netgear internet modem".  The message begins with, "We've noticed intermittent connectivity issues with your internet service and have identified the cause to be a defect with your NETGEAR CM2050V internet modem. NETGEAR is working on a software update that should fix the problem. Because the update may not be available for several months, we have taken steps in the interim to stabilize your connection and provide you with the best possible experience."

I cannot find anything about this online and am wondering if this is a bogus message or a real issue. 

Very much a real issue.  Log in to the modem's administrative interface and check your firmware version.

Expect to find your firmware has been reverted back to V2.01.03 from V9.01.01.

Several posts here on this forum, use the search option.  Numerous posts in the DSL Reports Comcast forum, https://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcast, and the Reddit Comcast forum, https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xfinity message regarding CM2050V - bogus or real?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Gateways/NOTICE-NETGEAR-CM2050v-Modem-and-Comcast-XFin...

@RDS1348 wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7