Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c7000v2 Geni onto New Computer

DPX98
Aspirant

c7000v2 Geni onto New Computer

Looking to buy a new computer & unsure how to install Genie onto the new device.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions

Re: c7000v2 Geni onto New Computer

@DPX98 wrote:

Did grab a copy as you suggested.  Stupid Question:  I'm not familiar with .rar files.  Can you point me in the proper direction??  Thanks.

If you are installing a Windows version of the genie, Windows itself can guide you in the right direction.

The usual "double click" move on a rar file will offer to visit the Microsoft Store for software to handle rar files.

There are dozens of choices. 7-Zip, WinZip or UnRar have been around for a while.Ignore invitations to pay for anything.

Going down the Microsoft Store route means that less risk that you will t end up visiting somewhere slightly dodgy.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can get it here. 

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

I'm a fan of just using the browser GUI for accessing/using it. 

Message 2 of 10

Do you means the desktop genie for your operating system.

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

This invaluable tool has several benefits that you won't get using the browser interface.

Message 3 of 10
DPX98
Aspirant

Thanks, plemans, for the link!

Message 4 of 10
DPX98
Aspirant

Yes, michaelkenward, I was looking for assistance with the desktop Genie for my Windows OS.  Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 10

@DPX98 wrote:

Yes, michaelkenward, I was looking for assistance with the desktop Genie for my Windows OS.  Thanks for your help.

Grab a copy before Netgear tries to hide it again.

Message 6 of 10
DPX98
Aspirant

Did grab a copy as you suggested.  Stupid Question:  I'm not familiar with .rar files.  Can you point me in the proper direction??  Thanks.

Message 7 of 10

@DPX98 wrote:

If you are installing a Windows version of the genie, Windows itself can guide you in the right direction.

The usual "double click" move on a rar file will offer to visit the Microsoft Store for software to handle rar files.

There are dozens of choices. 7-Zip, WinZip or UnRar have been around for a while.Ignore invitations to pay for anything.

Going down the Microsoft Store route means that less risk that you will t end up visiting somewhere slightly dodgy.

Message 8 of 10
DPX98
Aspirant

Learned something new today and that's always a good thing in my book.  Thanks. 

Message 9 of 10
DPX98
Aspirant

The first person (in person) I asked about .rar didn't even suggest WinZip after he gave me the .rar story even after I said:  Oh, sounds like WinZip to me. 

The good news is my genie is where it belongs on my new machine.  Thanks, Michael, for all your help.

Diane

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7