Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: factory reset after power failure CAX80 RAX50

brettdotcom14
Aspirant

factory reset after power failure CAX80 RAX50

every time i have a power failure my cax80 loses my cable company info as well as my admin login security question and any other settings. same goes for my rax50 which i only have setup as an access point for the cax80 but i still have to reconfigure it. i backed up both to restore quicker but i was hoping there was a permanet solution. both firmwares are up to date. thanks 

Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

You may want post in the RAX forum for the RAX router you have:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Who is your ISP?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@brettdotcom14 wrote:

every time i have a power failure my cax80 loses my cable company info as well as my admin login security question and any other settings. same goes for my rax50 which i only have setup as an access point for the cax80 but i still have to reconfigure it. i backed up both to restore quicker but i was hoping there was a permanet solution. both firmwares are up to date. thanks 

Message 3 of 12
brettdotcom14
Aspirant

Both came with the latest firmware installed.

ISP is optimum

On the router I did do one factory reset because I forgot the password. Then reset everything and had a power failure and everything reset to square one

I don’t believe I ever did a factory reset on the cax80

Do you need the firmware numbers? I just know when I search for an update they say they’re the latest
Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give FW numbers...

Can you try the CAX in modem mode and the RAX in router mode? 

FYI, I also noticed this on my CAX80 the other day. I just did a reboot of the modem from it's web page and connected Orbi router lost internet access. I had to reset and setup the CAX80 from scratch. 

Message 5 of 12
brettdotcom14
Aspirant

The cax80 is V2.1.3.5

The rax50 is V1.0.4.100

I can try setting it up that way. I wanted the rax50 to the an access point to extend my Wi-Fi
Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Any updates on this? 

@brettdotcom14 wrote:

Message 7 of 12
brettdotcom14
Aspirant

Unfortunately No still happening to this day anytime I lose power. I’m probably going to have to contact Netgear. Not that I lose power that often but it’s a bit annoying having to do to both of them every time.
Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried newer FW yet? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/New-CAX80-Firmware-Version-2-1-3-7-Released/td...

If you have, I recommend downloading this to a wired PC first, Use MS Edge or Firefox to load the FW. After the CAX 80 is back online, press the reset button for 10 seconds or I prefer the ERASE button under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Backup. Set the CAX up from scratch, then see if it still happens. 

Message 9 of 12
brettdotcom14
Aspirant

I will give that a try. I know I had the app check for new firmwares but they said they were up to date. Appreciate the help and info
Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

NG may not put new FW updates on there auto update services so the modem or NH app may not catch anything. I try to post new stuff here in the forums as I see it come out or gets posted from NG. 

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/New-CAX80-Firmware-Version-2-1-5-2-Released/m-...

@brettdotcom14 wrote:

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7