Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Are All Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 Routers Cable Modems?

cyberbiker
Guide

Are All Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 Routers Cable Modems?

I am buying a used Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 for home WiFi and as a cable modem for Charter Spectrum .

Should all AC1900 R7000 routers work as Spectrum cable modems as well?
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Are All Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 Routers Cable Modems?

All R series routers are just routers only. There is no modem built in. If you need a router with a built in modem, then any C series modem will have both a cable modem and router all in one unit for Cable ISP services. If your on DSL, then any D series modem will have both a DSL modem and router all in one unit for DSL ISP services. 

Please refer to the ISP for what is officially supported on there network before you buy. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

All R series routers are just routers only. There is no modem built in. If you need a router with a built in modem, then any C series modem will have both a cable modem and router all in one unit for Cable ISP services. If your on DSL, then any D series modem will have both a DSL modem and router all in one unit for DSL ISP services. 

Please refer to the ISP for what is officially supported on there network before you buy. 

Message 2 of 6
cyberbiker
Guide

Thanks! Just what I needed. I wish such clarity was on the website as we were searching for the right piece of equipment.

I’m trying to find a cable modem with WiFi for a weekend house similar to the C6300-BD I use in my home, fit your website doesn’t make it easy.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this link to NGs product page for cable modems with built in routers:

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modem-routers/

Good Luck. 

@cyberbiker wrote:
Thanks! Just what I needed. I wish such clarity was on the website as we were searching for the right piece of equipment.

I’m trying to find a cable modem with WiFi for a weekend house similar to the C6300-BD I use in my home, fit your website doesn’t make it easy.

Message 4 of 6
cyberbiker
Guide

My C6300 has worked perfectly with 20 IP addresses or so it seemed a C7000 would be fine.

How do I tell whether The C7000 being offered is Version 1 or 2?
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You would need to ask someone where your thinking about getting the C7000 to look at the box they have in stock to see weather it says v1 or v2 on the sticker on the box. I don't know for sure what the actual differences are. You might compare the spec sheets for each version on NGs support site. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7