Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000V2 not transmitting proper internet speed

NV108
Aspirant

C7000V2 not transmitting proper internet speed

I have a Netgear C7000V2 with comcast internet at 1000mbps however my in home WiFi devices are only receiving 200-280mbps according to a few different speed tests.  I had a tech come out today to ensure 1000mbps was being plug in at the modem, to which it was.  They replaced some old parts in the system and the issue was unresolved.  I then turned towardss doing a factory reset, which was completed but I'm getting the same speeds of 200-280mbps with internet capabilites of a gig.  Not sure if the unit is faulty or if maybe any of you could point me in the right direction.  Also, I am aware that I won't get a gig on WiFi but I expected atleast somewhere in the 500-700mbps range? =/

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000V2 not transmitting proper internet speed

@NV108 wrote:

I appreciate your response! While on the phone with comcast they had mentioned the modem/router could only produce around 680mbps.  Which isn't an issue I would be completedly ok with anything over 300-400, I'm not sure if the 1000mbps being plugged in is maybe over loading it and dampening the speeds somehow? The only speed test's i've ran on are on my xbox one and iphone 11 which both show around the same speeds of 200mbps. I also have not attempted to test a hardwired connection to the modem yet.  I'm considering just purchasing a new modem/router combination all together.  Both my iphone and xbox are connected the 5g band. 

Just a quick vent session here.. I'm also not very happy with Netgear's customer support or lack there of.  Also was hung up on once they found out I was no longer available for the customer service lol.  I'd be willing to give a different Netgear modem/router a shot I guess, seeing as they were helpful in setting it up initially when purchased. 

Any recommendations?

I'd try and get a hardwired speed. this will determine if you're truly getting the speeds you paying for. You can spend all day trying to get speeds >200mbps over the wireless but if that's all the C7000 is getting due to connetion to the ISP, then its a waste of your time. sorry. 

in terms of support, free support is only for the first 90 days after purchase. Sadly the call center is inundated with calls right now because of the covid stuff and if you didn't pay for support and are out of the window, its not surprising that they got off the line. Maybe the rep was a bit rude but again, the call center is drowning right now from my understanding. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

To start with, the C7000 isn't a gigabit capable modem/router for comcast. 

the C7800 is comcast  rated to gigabit (CAX80 when its released). (for combo devices)

wifi speeds are variable depending on wifi band used, device you're testing with, environment (interference), and some other variables.

What device and chipset are you testing with?

Band you're testing on? 

What speed do you get hardwired to the C7000?

What firmware do they have on it?

do you have a screen snip of your modem connections page? 

Message 2 of 4
NV108
Aspirant

I appreciate your response! While on the phone with comcast they had mentioned the modem/router could only produce around 680mbps.  Which isn't an issue I would be completedly ok with anything over 300-400, I'm not sure if the 1000mbps being plugged in is maybe over loading it and dampening the speeds somehow? The only speed test's i've ran on are on my xbox one and iphone 11 which both show around the same speeds of 200mbps. I also have not attempted to test a hardwired connection to the modem yet.  I'm considering just purchasing a new modem/router combination all together.  Both my iphone and xbox are connected the 5g band. 

Just a quick vent session here.. I'm also not very happy with Netgear's customer support or lack there of.  Also was hung up on once they found out I was no longer available for the customer service lol.  I'd be willing to give a different Netgear modem/router a shot I guess, seeing as they were helpful in setting it up initially when purchased. 

Any recommendations?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@NV108 wrote:

Any recommendations?

I'd try and get a hardwired speed. this will determine if you're truly getting the speeds you paying for. You can spend all day trying to get speeds >200mbps over the wireless but if that's all the C7000 is getting due to connetion to the ISP, then its a waste of your time. sorry. 

in terms of support, free support is only for the first 90 days after purchase. Sadly the call center is inundated with calls right now because of the covid stuff and if you didn't pay for support and are out of the window, its not surprising that they got off the line. Maybe the rep was a bit rude but again, the call center is drowning right now from my understanding. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7