Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 Ethernet ports not working

Splinter051
Aspirant

CAX80 Ethernet ports not working

Hello all,

Need some help! I am trying to connect to my modem/router wired. I'm using Cat5 that I know works and I understand that I should be using Cat6 for IPv6. I am just trying to use the 100Mp numbered ports on the back and they don't seem like they are working. Ive rebooted the router and such and the only one that gives me activity is the multi-gig port but doesn't access the internet. The other ports are non-responsive.  Attached are snips of my Cable connection

Any suggestions? Am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks for any and all help

I am such a noob, I don't know how to post multiple pictures, sorry

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 Ethernet ports not working

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Well you seem to be accessing the modems web page.

Can you access the router side of the modem at 192.168.1.1? Might be 192.168.0.1

If you can access the routers web page what is seen on the Basic tab under Home?

BasicTabCableConnection.png

Should show GOOD? 

Be sure your wired PCs networking configuration is set for Auto Obtain IP addressing. 

Be sure your using CAT6 patch cables. CAT5 does not support 1000Mpbs. 

Try a different PC or laptop connected to the LAN ports. 
Don't connect anything to the Multigig port for now. 

Be sure your ISP has setup and activated the modem on there system. You'll have to contact them about this. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
Splinter051
Aspirant

Message 2 of 7
Splinter051
Aspirant

Message 3 of 7
Splinter051
Aspirant

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Well you seem to be accessing the modems web page.

Can you access the router side of the modem at 192.168.1.1? Might be 192.168.0.1

If you can access the routers web page what is seen on the Basic tab under Home?

BasicTabCableConnection.png

Should show GOOD? 

Be sure your wired PCs networking configuration is set for Auto Obtain IP addressing. 

Be sure your using CAT6 patch cables. CAT5 does not support 1000Mpbs. 

Try a different PC or laptop connected to the LAN ports. 
Don't connect anything to the Multigig port for now. 

Be sure your ISP has setup and activated the modem on there system. You'll have to contact them about this. 

Message 5 of 7
Splinter051
Aspirant

I feel really dumb right about now lol! After reading what you posted, I decided to connect a small patch cable I had to the multi-gig port then check the other ports and they all looped back fine. I then connected the small patch cable to my laptop which connected just fine. My cable tester is not working so I went ahead and just cut off both RJ-45's from each end and re-wired. Works fine lol I'll get Cat-6 later.

Thanks for your response! Have a great day!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7