Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 firmware updates

sambeaux254
Guide

CM1000 firmware updates

In working on some connectivity issues that I have documented in another thread (re the x10 requiring frequent reboots), I discovered that my CM1000 was running on old firmware (V2.01.15).  Netgear's website shows the current firmware as V3.01.04.  Netgear's website indicates that modem firmware can only be updated by your ISP.  My ISP, Grande Communications, has a policy that it will not push out firmware updates for customer-owned modems.  I cannot locate an option, if one exists, that would allow me to directly download the update, and trying to contact Netgear for support is like chasing a rainbow.  Changing my ISP is not an option.  Ideas?

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM1000 firmware updates

You can not manually update the firmware the isp will push this to your modem.

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
sambeaux254
Guide

@DarrenM thank you for the reply.  If you'll read my original message, however, my ISP (which I can't change), by policy, will not push out firmware updates for devices owned by the customers (not leased from the ISP).  It's a stupid policy, because they could easily slap together a robust indemnity agreement that would preclude me from blaming any resulting problems on them, but I'm stuck with it.

For Netgear's part, why is this not customer-downloadable content?  Just about every other firmware-driven device in the world allows customers to directly download updates. Seems bull-headed.

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Its not Netgears fault this is apart of the docsis standard  every company that makes cable modems has to send there firmware to the ISP and have them approve the firmware and then the ISP pushes the firmware when they want to.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7