Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 Downstream Light Blinking

chesta1271
Tutor

CM1200 Downstream Light Blinking

I am having the same problem that another person posted - the Downstream light is blinking steadily at a slow pace and intermittenly since Friday June 4, 2021 service drops.  When Service is up, my speeds are screaming and i have tested directly to the Modem and my Nighthawk X6 7900P Router.  We are on Charter, unlike the post I saw who was on Comcast.  The technician said he could not find any problems other than the blinking Downstream light which he said might signify a hardware problem - I highly doubt that since as with the other post - my even logs are full of "Critical" notices and "error" - If anyone has any suggestions I am open - also - my Modem has 2 other Ethernet Ports, which I have never figured out how to get to work

Thanks

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1200 Downstream Light Blinking

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

You might disconnect the wifi router from the modem and then do a factory reset on the modem, press the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Just leave it and see if it connects and check the downstream LED. Should go solid ON. 

Message 2 of 7
chesta1271
Tutor

We have had this Modem for almost 1 year and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

It started Friday June 4, 2021 - At the direction of Spectrum, I unplugged the Router, Unplugged the Modem, let it sit for 2 minutes, then reconnected.  After everything came back up about an hour later it happened again - so I repeated the steps.  On Friday about every few hours the internet would go down.  Then it happened Saturday so I repeated those steps again - On Monday I called Spectrum again and they set up appointment for tech to come out yesterday - he hooked his device up to the line and said everything was fine.  He connected it to the Modem, was able to verify the drops BUT said that everything appeared fine there too - He confirmed that the Modem coax is a dedicated line and not attached to any splitters ( we no longer have Spectrum TV Service - Internet only)  I will be calling them every time this event occurs

here is the Connection Status as well as the Event Log

Message 3 of 7
chesta1271
Tutor

Here is the Event Log

Message 4 of 7
chesta1271
Tutor

Sorry - I have a correction - it is the Upstream status light blinking at a slow, steady pace

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Check the user manual to see what the LED blink means. I believe it inidcates a problem or not working correctly. 

Your event log shows criticals and errors, The ISP should be looking at this. Modem seems to have some problems getting some good services from the ISP. Might have a tech come on site and you can show him what your looking at as well. 

Message 6 of 7
chesta1271
Tutor

I agree - I handed the Event Log to the technician yesterday and he ignored it because his tool that he plugged up to the Coax and to the Modem showed everything was operating properly.

I also checked the Manual and ironically it does not have anything for a Blinking or Flashing Green Downstream or Upstream - all it mentions is Amber or Green and Solid or Off - LOL

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7